Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Difference Between a Father and a Dad

When you are 2 hours late for curfew, your father is waiting outside in his pajamas to punish you by saying "You're an idiot." Then your dad laughs and says "But I was one too when I was your age."

Your father takes you to a baseball game. And your dad buys you one of those 6 dollar plastic batting helmets with the scoop of ice cream in them (your dad is also the one who complains about the price).

Your father tells you not to swear. Your dad then goes and swears.

Your father wants to have long father/son talks, but it's your dad who wants to have them on a golf course.

My father bought me my first baseball. My dad then took me to an empty field and lobbed tennis balls at me until I was no longer afraid of getting hit by the baseball.

Father wanted to play games with us so that we could bond as a family, and dad got out the poker chips and started Boyce Family Poker Night.

Your father tells you the rules, then forgives you when you break them. Your dad does all of this at Del Taco.

My father wrote me a spiritual thought every week while I was on my mission. My dad used some of that time to give me a quick surf report.

My father taught us children how to work, but my dad taught us how to have fun at work.

My father is my mentor. My dad is my friend.

Thank God for fathers, but thank heaven for dads. I'm lucky to have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment